While Gmail, the Google email service, is very reliable, you still may choose to download important business correspondence for your computer’s disk drive. Gmail Backup is really a program made specifically for this purpose, but it is buggy instead of suitable for Windows 7, mainly because it is not updated since 2009. Since this writing, the easiest method to save Google email messages is using your desktop email program, since Gmail uses the regular POP3 mail system. Thunderbird, which happens to be free, and Microsoft Outlook, that is included whenever you purchase Microsoft Office, are generally easy to configure for Save emails to PDF.
1. Launch Gmail and log in with the usual username and password. Wait a 2nd or two for the mailbox to open.
2. Click the icon of your gear over a white background located with the right-hand corner in the mailbox page to open up the main settings prompt. Select “Settings” within the pull-down menu that appears.
3. Go through the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab within the Settings page. This is the fifth tab from the left.
4. Scroll right down to the Pop Download part of the page, the second section in the top. Check either the very best radio button marked “Enable POP for many Mail (even mail that’s been downloaded)” or even the one right under it marked “Enable POP for Mail that Arrives from Now On” based upon whether you want to download and save old messages to the computer.
5. Pick the option which is handiest to suit your needs from the pull-down menu within the radio boxes that may be marked: “When messages are accessed with POP.” Keeping the default use of “Keep Gmail’s Copy from the Inbox” is truly the handiest choice. Alternately, it is possible to choose “Mark Gmail’s Copy as Read,” “Archive Gmail’s Copy” or “Delete Gmail’s Copy,” depending on how you want the copy that continues to be inside your Gmail box being handled.
6. Click the “Save Changes” button at the bottom of your page.
7. Launch your email client and open the prompt that you employ to provide a fresh account. Click “Local Folders” within the left-hand column of the home page of Thunderbird and then click “Add A New Account.” Alternately, click “File” accompanied by “Info” then click on the “Add Account” prompt that is marked with a plus sign and located toward the top of the the Outlook information page.
8. If using Thunderbird, type the requested information for Server into the respective text fields about the window that appears. Select the “Continue” prompt and let the automated account setup to verify the account settings. If using Outlook, select the “Manually Configure Server or Additional Server Types” radio t0PDF in the bottom of the Microsoft Outlook account window and stick to the directions in Steps 9 and 10.
9. Click “Next” at the end from the account information box in Outlook. Wait another for that “Choose Service” dialog box to appear. Click “Next” again after confirming the Internet E-mail default radio box is ticked from the Choose Service dialog box and wait a second to the Internet E-mail Settings dialog box to look. Enter every one of the information for the Gmail account inside the respective fields. Enter “pop.gmail.com” as the incoming mail server and “smtp.gmail.com” since the outgoing mail server. Enter your entire current email address, including “@gmail.com,” from the “User Name” field.
10. Click on the “More Settings” button with the lower right-hand side of your dialog box and wait an additional for that Internet E-mail Settings box to show up. Click on the “Outgoing Server” tab and after that examine the box marked “My Outgoing Server (SMTP) Requires Authentication.” Check the default “Use Same Settings as My Incoming Mail Server” radio box and then click “OK.” Click” Next” and wait a few seconds for that system to transmit and receive test email messages. Click “Close” within the test message box combined with “Finish” inside the main dialog box to go back to the primary Outlook window.
11. Download the mail for the new account by selecting “Send/Receive.” All emails that you simply download are actually held in the mail folder on the hard drive drive.